Wednesday 6 February 2013

Stamford, and three discoveries....

     I had to pop over to Stamford today and browsing around before my meeting I made three lovely discoveries...

     Firstly I popped into the Robert Fogell Gallery on High St Martin's to seee what was new and found a number of wonderful prints of fens by Carry Akroyd.  Here is a link to her website. 

     Secondly in a nearby antiques place I came across a set of four charming coffee cans designed by Susie Cooper.  She has always been my favourite of the three so-called 'Pottery Ladies', but, perhaps, the most over looked.  This is a shame.  The cans are, I think, post WWII - the period of her work I personally find the most satisfying.


 
     I have no idea of the name of the design.  It has a suggestion of Fornasetti to it, and an almost timeless quality.  Utterly Charming.

     Thirdly browsing the magazines in a newsagents I found in next month's (March) 'World of Interiors' I found an article on St Catherine's Monastery on the Sinai Peninsular.  I had to have it, although I had undertaken not to spend anything today.

No comments:

Post a Comment