Saturday 16 February 2013

Some more work


     I thought I'd share these ink and watercolour drawings I've been working on intermittently for the last few weeks.  They follow a sequence as I was trying different approaches to the image.  The germ of the idea was Samuel Palmer's 'Blacks' - a series of intense black and white 'watercolours' (mixed media - ink and watercolour, chalk, bodycolour).  Another influence was the 'imaginative' side of Neo-Romantics like Craxton and Minton.  These are certainly more about atmosphere than a desire for botanical accuracy. I'm not sure after a few weeks 'away' from them whether they are any good.  I must admit to a feeling of ambiguity towards them.




     The top image was first I worked on (from a sketch on a shopping list).   The lower image is full sized sketch based on the first and further ideas I played with in a note book.


No comments:

Post a Comment