Monday 4 December 2023

Cambridge

      A welcome return, on Wednesday, to one of my favourite cities, Cambridge in East Anglia, that area of England I feel most at home. And what a cold day it was - brilliant winter sunshine, fields grey with frost and pavements slippery underfoot in the city. How I missed it all.  It had been two years since I visited the city last and some six years since I set foot in that eminently civilised space, the Fitzwilliam Museum.  It was a slightly emotional day. Be that as it may here are some photos I took on my peregrinations.








     Lunch at 'Yo! Sushi', which I was quite looking forward to, was a terrible disappointment.



     Back in London it was the Christmas Shopping Event in Lamb's Conduit St.  I was good and stayed my hand.  Tempted though I was by the wonderful things for sale in the current pop-up shop at Pentreath and Hall, 'The Willow Man' - aka Bruce Sansom - 'basket maker based in the Scottish Borders'.  His work is delightful - baskets for shopping, laundry, fishing and logs - all very architectural and beautifully made. You can find his website here, and it is well worth a perusal. 
     Pentreath and Hall have been busy themselves.  The original shop in Rugby St has pupped and a new branch has opened just around the corner in Lamb's Conduit St.





No comments:

Post a Comment